1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump leaking?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by punisher2010, Dec 13, 2010.

1. punisher2010

punisher2010 Junior Member

I was going home today after getting my plowing done and Inoticed the plow was going down as i was driving,hit the stick raised up thought ok...get home and the pump was leaking around the bottom between the bottom where it bolt up to the pivot point,checked the bolt they were tight.raised plow started leaking...lower plow just a drip...not sure what to do now or what problem is.....thanks

2. brrybck

brrybck Junior Member

take the pump off remove two bolts there is o ring in there

3. punisher2010

thanks...will do that tuesday....looks like the snow here in eastern ohio is done for awhile..so i will have some time

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

When you take out the bolts, check the "base lug" to see if it is crack. They crack very easy.

5. punisher2010

thanks for the help...will check it when i take it apart

6. punisher2010

thanks brrybck and twinman326...thats what the problem was, grime around the o-rings looked at the baselug...no cracks...new o-rings....works like new.....thanks again for the help