1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump Issues

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by fulltiltwill, Mar 10, 2012.

1. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Hay Guys, I have a 05 Blizzard 810PP. My pump seems to be sucking air some where. The plow motion is very slow and the fluid in the reservoir gets foamy. I thought it was an angle cylinder with a bad seal. I replaced that and it still does the same thing. I have taken all the valves out to see if any orings were missing or bad. I am not leaking fluid. Anything obvious that I am missing. My next plan of attack was to drain the fluid check the filters go back through the valves and check all the hose fittings again. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Adam

2. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Foamy fluid sounds like there's water in it, my guess would be drain and flush with meyer hydra flush and fill back up with your fluid

3. fireside

fireside Senior Member

The fliter in the pump tank has come lose or is now facing upward. If it's facing upward the fliud will be foamy and make it work almost as if the fluids low. Pull the plug and look carefull toward the motor and you will see the top of the filter even know its full. As the plow functions the fluid levels in the tank lower exposing even more of the fliter causing the air sucking noise. Drain the tank and remove it the filter is right there. If it's apart i would replace it and add a small hose clamp to hold it firmly in place

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012