1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump heaters

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by finnegan, Oct 7, 2005.

1. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

anyone ever use a pump heater?ive come up with one that wraps around the hydraulic tank ....

2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

this is what i have on my rigs, i use a simple piece of heater hose tied into the cab heater line.

PIC0047.JPG

3. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

have you noticed a real improvement?mine works on 12v with low current draw just like aminiature electric blanket -if theres some demand i might start selling them....

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  4. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

Yes i have seen a real improvment in lift and trim speeds. yet this was done when the system was filled with ATF. i have in the last two seasons started using the meyers m-1. that made a big difference, less water contamination and faster(since it is thinner then atf). glade i made the switch, just havt seen a reason to take the heater hose off.

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Looking good guys, alot of great thinkers around here.