1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump fluid is PINK...What is it? Time to ADD more

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dodgedump, Jan 16, 2006.

1. dodgedump

dodgedump Member
    from MASS

I added a few hoses to my pump system and the fluid is bright pink. What kind of fluid should I add to this to top it off? If it is not the same fluid in there can that cause problems.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If its not red like atf its more than likely contaminated with water. A flush and fill would be in order, refill with ATF.

3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

what kind of plow is it

4. dodgedump

dodgedump Member
    from MASS

Its a fisher plow but I am using my old dump pump. It is red not pink afterall.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Then your okay, should be ATF

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If it's a pastel color pink it has water in it. You get a little bit introduced into the system every time you move a ram or lift the plow. The more worn the seals are, the more water you get. If stuff can leak out, other stuff can be getting in. It's best to run the blue cold weather fluid so you have no freeze ups. You can get away with ATF but sooner or later it will have a freeze up.

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Stay away from atf unless ur using suthenic stuff but i like the -30 below blue stuff

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707