1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump check valve

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by louied9, Dec 14, 2009.

1. louied9

louied9 Member

i took the e47 apart , everything except for the motor to pump..

i still cannot get any movement..

after pulling the A valve out no fluid leaks out.?

could it be the check valve in the motor to pump set up, or a blockage? where does the A valve get its fluid from , the ram cylinder right?

thanks.
    louied

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I dont think there is a check ball......There is a pressure relief. I believe the fluid goes from the reservoir, through the pump and relief valve to the valves...may be wrong. If that relief valve is stuck open, you will get no pressure.

3. louied9

louied9 Member

Thanks, i did fidgit with it.. and going to replace it tomorrow.

i might have screwed up a sleeping monster when i took it out to clean it...

will let you know..

thanks.

4. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I screwed mine up last week....I took it apart, didnt realize what was in there, blew it out and the poppit valve part went flying...never found it....found the spring about 20 ft away on the floor.....Then I looked at a diagram and realized what I had done......I figure It works like a check ball....I took an old needle valve from a carburator and slid it in there with the spring and bolt....I works......Whew........I guess I should order this poppit valve, but she is working.

5. louied9

louied9 Member

some people have such luck.. swapping carb parts over for hydraulic pump parts..

they say parts are parts..

6. louied9

louied9 Member

fixed

replaced the pump check valve.. must have lost the poppet needle when i was cleaning it out.

pump now goes up,dn, and all aroundwesport