1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump brackets needed? or is a electric pump an option?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Chevytruck85, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

im trying to mount my old conventional belt driven fisher plow in a Chevy 6.5 diesel, I got the fisher part numbers for the brackets but they told me that the parts are discontinued and they cant get them, does anyone know of a place to get the brackets, or is mounting some kind of electric pump an option?? Thanks

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  2. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

I dont see why you couldnt mount an electric pump...would be pretty costly if you ask me...Find a junk yard and see if they have the part. If you hae access to materials and supplies I would make your own. I would think that the junk yard would be ur best bet if everyone is saying that they are discontinued. If you look enough youll find what your looking for..

3. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

thats a complicated kit to find or build. Do yourself a favor and go electric, Sehps are plentiful and reasonable.

4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

5. wva

wva Member

Do yourself a favor and go electric, Sehps are plentiful and reasonable.[/QUOTE]

surplus center.com has new elec over hyd dc power pacs for snowplows for $399 plus shipping. good luck

:waving::waving:

6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I converted my horizontally mounted Fenner pump to verticle one like an Insta-act pump mounted on a MM1 upright. See the link in my signature.It took some fabrication but it works great.
    T.J.

7. wva

wva Member

hey man that looks great always good to fab stuff you need and save money to . I sure wish I had your welding ableity that looks great.later:waving:

8. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

I converted an old Fisher belt driven set up (missing most of the hydraulics) to electric for my old Chevy. Picked up a used Meyer E-60 and fabbed a taller mount for it. Worked great - controlled it through a Western Fishstick.

In my opinion, it was easier and cheaper than chasing down all the components for the belt driven parts.

9. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Cool. Plows don't care what hydraulic system is controlling the cylinders. Got any pics of your set up Greco
    T.J.

10. grec-o-face

Exactly!
    Unfortunately, I don't have any pics!! :(
    I built it a few years back (before I was a member) before I realized how important it is to track my projects with pictures. I'll look again and see if there's something kicking around. It was an awesome set-up - allthough a mongrel for sure;
    8' Fisher blade
    Speedcast headgear for a mid 70's suburban
    Meyer E-60 pump
    Western 6-pin controller
    Lit with universal Truck-Lite plow lights
    All on a 92 Chevy K2500
    There was lots of cutting and welding required - and well worth it.

I sold the truck 3 or so years ago, and now it plows the streets of Randolph, MA.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  11. grec-o-face

Not great shots of the plow set-up, but you can see a little of it. The 3rd pic is of the bumper I put together with some scrap tubing I had.
    Oh, and don't know me for having the tail-light louvers - they were on the truck when I bought it - and I hated them!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]