1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump bleeding down?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by phatsat67, Dec 11, 2005.

1. phatsat67

phatsat67 Junior Member
    from indiana

Sometimes the pump on my plow (meyer e60) will let the blade go down and then I notice im plowing the road haha. Do you think its a Which seal do you think it is?? I have a good spare pump I can throw on before the next storm but I would like to get this one workin to becasue the other one goes to a different plow I have. How hard is it to pull it apart. If its hard how much would it cost for a shop to go through it with new seals? Thanks for the info. Its an older pump 99 or 00.
  2. phatsat67

phatsat67 Junior Member
    from indiana

Sorry typo. I ment to put do you think it is a seal? Which one would it be?
  3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

You need to replace the seal on the ram. It's an easy fix.........I did one on Sunday, about 30 minutes. I also replaced the seal on the cap and they main body while I was at it.
  4. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

get a seal kit, its cheap and will have you back on the road
    it contains the seal you need plus some more, last time I got the kit it was like $25 or $29, cant remember.
    get some new fluid as well while you are there