1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump Bearing Sleeve Repair

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by WOODY367, Apr 25, 2016.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

have to replace the pump bearing sleeve and bought kit #64536-1 which is the # Fisher tech said to buy. I am reading the instructions and they show a removal/install tool that looks like it is part of the kit and do not have it. Do I have the wrong part, where can I get the tool or can I remove and install it without the tool? Thank you
  2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

no u don't need the tool a good chisel or even a regular head screw driver should do to drive the old one out from the pump side to set the new one try push it up as far as u can and then use the old bearing to gently tap the new one all the way home just go slow and take ur time AND be careful if ur gonna re use the motor that the brushes don't drop out on u when u lift it off