1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump and mount ID please

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by djlunchbox, Nov 3, 2011.

1. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

Hi everyone,
    I am new to plowing this year, and I could use some help identifying our plow set up. Specifically looking for:
    pump model and ID and where I can find it on the pump
    I want to rebuild it, and I am looking for a schematic
    What style of mount is this, how should I refer to it (ie MM1, MM2 if it were a fisher.)

I have no paperwork on this, it was on our new plow rig when we bought it. All I know about it is that it is a diamond and it's slow as hell, with no lifting power. ( already looking into electrical upgrades)

Thanks in advance. Thumbs Up

PS, do all diamond plows have such a schitty angle? It was hard to windrow this past storm.

EDIT: I fail at attaching pics. loading them now.

2. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

E47H MDII/Ez Plus

Edit: I didn't notice it was a Diamond plow at first, not sure what they actually call their mounts.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  4. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

thanks a ton. looking for parts now.

this is on the mount if it helps.
    [​IMG]

5. kimber750

It looks like the meyer MDII. All Diamond is, is Meyer's trip edge plow. Does it have three pins on each side of the mount?

6. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

stick some wings on it and carry more snow / have a wider plow - reduce the amount you have to winrow

7. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

it has 3 pin holes for me to choose from when mounting it, if that is what you mean

8. kimber750

see of these on each side.

p128642.jpg

9. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

I thought about that, but this being my first year as a noob doing plowing, and already wanting a better plow, I'd rather spend money trying to upgrade the electrical system on the truck instead. We're running a new polycaster, multiple spotlights, and strobes on a 12 year old electrical system. I am still researching it on various threads here, but i'm hoping that doing "the big 3" upgrade, with a second battery and larger alternator, will allow us to install more/brighter lights on, and gain a little speed out of the pump. It couldn't lift snow driving forward this last storm. It was really difficult to not murder customers driveways and curbs. :help:

10. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

yep, I wish mine looked that good tho:p:p

11. kimber750

You want faster you need an E60H

12. kimber750

MDII/Ez Plus.

13. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

another question I was going to ask. Thanks again :salute:

14. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

thanks a bunch dude, I appreciate the fast response.

15. kimber750

As far as it not angling far, by the pics it looks like the angling rams are too long. Don't look to be factory rams. I have a friend that has an MDII, I can measure his rams to see how long they should be. May just be the pics.

16. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Wings will put less pressure on the electrical system, since you will be plowing more with each swipe. They cost less than 200 bucks.

If you do the big 3, that might eliminate the need for the second battery and bigger alternator because you are then getting more power already.

17. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I agree. I walked past mine today but did not pay attention, but they seem long

18. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

ussmileyflag the pump is in need of work from looks of ram. probably has water it it and dirty filters or stainer inside plugged or moter needs replaced lot of plow to lift for older e47 h if you get a e 60 heavy you would be better off if pump is redone good battery and good alternator it should work fine

19. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

I was thinking that too. I have a ton of mechanical knowledge, and can fix almost anything, but i'll admit that I don't know chit about plows. I was thinking they were too long, but then again, if i put shorter rams on, wouldn't that limit me just as much? If you could measure your buddy's next time you see him, that would be a huge help. my local dealer is a fisher dealer, and is super swamped at the moment. Their service has been less than stellar too.

20. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

That's good to know, I will seriously consider the wings. I've done the Big 3 upgrade to my show truck already, it's simple to do, and cheap, so that will be done in a few weeks. I am still concerned about the extreme dimming of the lights and engine struggling when I was plowing large lots at night. the battery was tested to be good, maybe it's not.