1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump and control ?'s

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by g.moore, Jan 21, 2007.

1. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

I am modifying an old mount from my Ram to fit onto my Scout II, perfect width just need to add some bracing so I am nearing the point of building the lift frame. I am going with a rebuilt pump because $900+ is a bit steep right now for a new one. I am seeing E47, E60 etc pumps. What's the difference and is one better than the other? I will have the typical up down and power angle. Does Meyer make a joystick control for any of these pumps? I am looking at making a bracket and putting the controls on the shifter so I can work them while I am shifting and the touchpad doesn't really lend itself well to that use. Also the blade going onto it is a circa 1964 7'6" with an extra 12" steel deflector on the top with an overall height of 36" so needless to say its a heavy blade if its off the truck 2 guys cannot move it with the A frame attached so I need to make sure the pump is going to be able to handle the weight.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

This has been covered before but basically the differences between the E60 and the E47 is the speed. The E60 has a much larger gear pump and motor thus making it faster. Either the E47 or E60 will lift your blade without a problem, the E60 will just do it quicker.As to using a joy stick and mounting on the shifter,Meyer make's a joy stick called a "Slik Stick" that would work just fine for you.
  3. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Thanks B&B, that's what I needed to know. Now I just gotta go spend some money.