1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pulsing LED Stop/Turn Lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by vwmurph, Dec 6, 2007.

1. vwmurph

vwmurph Member
    from Maine

One of the Towns Dump trucks (GMC 6500?) has LED lights in the body. Whenever the driver hits the brakes the lights flash real quick then come on steady. It has the same effect on turn signals. I have searched all over and can't find out who makes these lights. I would like to find a set of 6 1/2 ovals for my enclosed trailer.
  2. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

pretty much most LED's do the chicago police have them in all there LED light bars and the do the same thing.
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

They're made by Whelen most likely. its called "Signal Alert"
  4. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

5. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

You guys go it, to get those exact size, you need to order Whelen 500 Series Brake/Tail/Turn lights.
  6. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

I dont believe so, the 5G that I gave a link for is the 6 1/2" size the member is looking for.
    IIRC, the 500 Series is what I have installed in my lightbar for btt
  7. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

All the new public works internationals have them. They are whelens brake lights. Theres 2modes to them. Regular brake effect and that strobing effect like you mentioned. Iv seen it with the whelen 600 series, 400 series and 700 series lightheads.
  8. BlueLine Ent

9. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

10. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 Senior Member

Question about the lightheads

I am looking to get these type of light heads for my truck and i was just wondering if you wire them to your brake and turn signals? Or is it more complicated than that? THanks
  11. BlueLine Ent

These wire in like regular brake and tail lights, but with an extra wire or two for changing settings on them.