1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pulling the center pin on a Boss V plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Makndust, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

Well I decided it was probably time to grease the center pin on my Boss V. It has little holes that I guess you are suppose to put a grease gun needle in and grease them. Most wouldn't take grease so I am going to pull the center pin and clean everything up and lube it.
    Question: Any one do this before and if so is it a bear or pretty easy. Also is there anything else you guys do besides changing oil for maintainance?

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Do it on a hard,level surface,i do the Fisher V's in the vee position and pull the pin,they usually sit right there,not to far they can go anyways,a second pair of hands helps if the blade halfs do move a little.

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

let the tension off the return springs first and like has been said, if they get out of alignment at all, be ready for some fun. a second person would help alot.
    have you ever greased your plow center pin, or is it new?? i had paint over one hole and couldnt get it to accept grease until i removed the pin. good luck :)

4. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

There is a 3/8" bolt in the bottom of the pin that must be removed in order to pull the pin up. Take a good look at that bolt - chances are it is bent because it is the one that holds on the snow deflector. Leave the replacement bolt as a Grade 5, don't upgrade it to grade 8, as it is better to let the bolt take the beating than the deflector or pin.