1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pulling my hair out.. HELP!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by VnDrWLawnCare, Oct 27, 2008.

1. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

I need advice from the veterans.

I will have a route full of driveways (50).. mostly 2 car wide standard length, and a couple of small parking lots.

Been doing these in the past with a snowblower, so they were pretty clean.
    I have been looking at a sno way with DP, but am not sure of their reliability and track record, so am curious to hear if say a Western or meyer plow with a back drag edge will give me the results that i am used to with a snowblower or the results that sno way claims with DP.
    Thanks in advance

2. Gerry125

Gerry125 Senior Member

I have a backdrag blade on my western and I'm not impressed. Doesn't drag deep snow very well.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

No plow will match a snowblower for results. BUT, a plow is much more efficient (and warmer).

4. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

someone i know has a snow way with dp and it works good it never broke on him It will work better that the western and meyers with a back blade edge on it but nothing works better and cleaner than a snowblower.

5. plowdog

plowdog Member
    from MN

skip the factory back drag blade and look into one of those hinged back drag blades-best thing ever.

6. DODGE-BOY

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

How about the Daniels Pull blade? Anybody use one for driveways? I don't do any residential except my own. Heard they were the cats a$$.

7. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

Thanks for the replies.

I understand that nothing will clean as good as a shovel or snowblower, but want to get as close as possible.

I have used a western before and really like it, that is why i ask. Never used a sno way and still am not set on the poly

8. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Hiniker C plow also does a good job at back dragging. Check them out on Hinikers website.

9. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

The Snow-ways also come in steel skins... this is directly from their site.

"Most Sno-Way plows are available with polycarbonate, powder-coated steel or stainless steel blade skins."

I see alot of them plow around my area, plus I have seen them work, I do like the DP it works pretty good.

10. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Always wondered how those C plows hold up... anyone?

11. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

I don't have any experience with them, but I'd be really tempted to get the Hiniker C-Plow if that was my route.

Or 2nd choice

a pull plow like the snowman or daniels back blade plus a front plow in your favorite color.

12. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

I have a Snowman back plow, it scrapes nearly as clean as a snowblower (tire tracks are always a problem). I prefer them over Daniels because they have trip springs and they can raise higher for those deep drifts in front of doors.

13. jmoriweb

jmoriweb Junior Member

Snoway Plows

I had a snoway plow on my Avalanche for years and it was great. With the down pressure it did a great job cleaning. The only issue I had was the wireless remote would loose it's programming and one time I dropped the remote into a puddle and was stuck. No remote, no up or down. I bought a spare after that time. The plow was not heavy duty like a Boss, Western, Fisher ... but it did the job and was much lighter and easier on the front end. If you have a 150 / 1500 pickup, that is the ticket but if you have anything bigger, I would go with a better and heavier plow. The pulling back of snow with the snoway was much better but nothing will beat a snow blower.

14. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The Sno-Way poly is very reliable. Been using mine for over 15 years and the DP is great.

15. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

SnoWay DP is worth every penny for resi's. As with any other plow, maintenance is key. If you don't maintian anything, reliablity will suffer. My first SnoWay had the poly & was great, truck was rotted real bad so I sold to a guy who uses it for a lot truck, still works great. I currently have a steel 26 and wouldn't trade it for any of the competition.

16. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I have a Daniels and I think it does great. I keep it on the truck all the time but really don't use it that much. But when I need it, it is very handy. Scrapes well too. The reason I went with the Daniels is because it does not hang too far out the back of the ruck. 20" I think, that mattered a lot to me.

17. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Just like any plow. If they are abused they will break. Only thing you have to be careful with a C plow is to make sure its tilted up after backdragging when you drive ahead. If you drive ahead with it in the backdrag position and catch something the welds will break.

18. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Why dont you use it much? Do you do a lot of parking lots? How does it scrape tire tracks or snow thats been driven over?

19. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

If you are getting good results with the blower, why change? What type of blower do you use?

20. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I like trucks but an ATV would work best for drive ways that small. If you get an ATV get a 4x4 500cc with a 60" plow.