1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pulling hydro motor?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by karl klein, May 1, 2005.

1. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

does anyone know how to remove this style hydraulic motor from my flink undertailgate sander i have to get a new oring pressed into the shaft side where it is leaking but i cant get the motor off i have removed 4 bolts from the motor itself and 4 frome the end plate on the unit but i am unable to pull the pump off the auger\first pic is the inside of the trouf were the motor meets the auger

spreader 003.jpg

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

second pic is the motor itself its a eaton

spreader 005.jpg

3. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

Is there any set screws holding the auger shaft to the eaton shaft? If not you may just need some heat on the auger shaft and pry the eaton motor out . Some people put loc tite on when installing these motors, although it is not usually needed.
    When you pull off the motor flange to change the seals, make sure the shaft is not pitted, if it is then polish it or replace it as it will take out the new seals quickly if pitted. Be sure to replace the inner face oil seal, outer dust seal, and plate seal all at the same time. I replace them here all the time for the marine industry, all three seals should only cost about $28.00. ( that's Canadian... payup )

4. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

no i couldn't see any set screws or roll pins so that is why i figured it was probably a splinned shaft i will probably try heating it up tommorow and prying on it a gain i was just whanting to make sure i wasn't overlooking anything i dont want to bust it i think they cast like 300.00

5. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

if you need any questions answered quickly you can e mail me @ dturple@ns.sympatico.ca or phone me at 902-485-2761 I would be glad to help.

6. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

well with a little heat i got it off actually alot of heat and a BIG hammer
    it was a keyed shaft