1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pulleys

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by foxtom2000, Oct 3, 2009.

1. foxtom2000

foxtom2000 Junior Member
    from 56649

I have a 94 Chevy with a serpentine belt. I purchased a plow with a V-belt Hydraulic pump. Is there a different pulley that I could put on the pump or a double pulley I could use on my alt?

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

We had a 93 and 94 Chevs and a separate pulley gets installed on the crank. Just take out (if I remember correctly )the big crankshaft bolt holding on the vib damper and set in your small V belt pulley and install bolt

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

The old fisher under hood pumps would have a V pully that was added to the waterpump and a V belt to the plow pump.

4. foxtom2000

foxtom2000 Junior Member
    from 56649

Does anyone know where to find the pulleys?

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Have you tried a dealer? What brand is the plow?

6. foxtom2000

foxtom2000 Junior Member
    from 56649

It is a Fisher plow

7. piggle

piggle Junior Member
    from Ma

I have a couple. They are hard to find and not available from my local dealer. I pulled a few from a junk yard. You can also find them on Ebay.

I put a serpentine motor in my 83 K30 with the older belt driven pump. I used the crank pulley form a non serpentine set up and modified a bunch of brackets to mount the pump. I went through all of the Fisher instructions on their site and couldn't find my specific set up with a belt driven pump. The pump mount I made needed some serious love but it works just fine.