1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pulley removal 97 F-350 turbo international diesel

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PAGE2004, Mar 16, 2004.

1. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

Always right before a storm ..... anywaqy passenger side on my F-350 diesel .... the small pulley with the lines on it falls right off .....whats left is the post that attaches the pulley ..it has a star like opening , which is rounded , but since the pulley came right off I can remove this with a pipe wrench but Im not sure which way it comes off ... I know that alot of pulleys are the opposite ( righty loosey lefty tighten etc )

Any Idea ??

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

That is the bolt for the belt idler pulley. The head uses a torx bit. I believe it is standard rotation. Left to loosen. The correct size torx bit will make it a breeze.
  3. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

Youre right ..thanx .... funny thing ...those pullys have plastic type bushings that literally fall apart after time. Got a new pullly and torx bit for 26 bucks .... and the new belt for 50 (ouch) .Had a hell of a time getting the adjustment pully to raise enough to get the new belt on. Thanks again JMR for the fast response .