1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pull plows

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Matt L., Jul 28, 2008.

1. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

ive been looking at pullplows and saw one on you tube ( snowplowing 101) i think it was a swing wing. anyone know who makes it and do they have a website. nobody in my area has one ( pull plow) and i know nothin about em. read a few threads on here though and like the idea. appreciate any help.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Click on the Sno-Man logo on top of the page.

3. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

i belive the swing wing is made by one our the member here jon geer i belive

4. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

yeah i checked that site out and Daniels pull plows site. interested in the swing wing.if i can get some specs on it and price then i can compare and choose. thanks though.

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

As said above, search for John Geer, he runs them and makes/sells them. They are quite a bit of coin if I remember right.

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

These guys make those plows ---> http://eblingandson.com/default.aspx

Click "products" and you'll see it listed.

The expandable plows are BIG bucks but if you've got the accounts to support it you'll be money ahead in no time.

7. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

I LOVE my daniels.... granted... the pull plow set up is not for every one, or every application.....

you need to learn were it is usefull and productive, Verse the parking lots that its not

the swing wing looks cool , but the poly edge , im not a fan of... the steel on mine with the down pressure, scrapes very clean.

mine even saved me , from a worker totalling my truck rev, into a pole doing 30 mph

if ur doing big lots, dont bother with it.. were it savs time is the smaller ones, that u have to turn around alot.. or loading docks...drive ways

8. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

that swing wing is awsome! but expensive. most of my plowing ( at this time anyway) could be done just as fast with a 8' daniels or snowman plow. only a few where the swingwing would be handy. i know the wings fold in to 8' or so but its the price. hmm. hafta think about it.
    Thanks for the info guys!

9. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i just think that the places that the swing wing would be effective, are larger parking lots, and you would be just as fast on those lots , with out a rear plow... its the tight areas, were you have to turn around that the rear blade comes in handy

10. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

I agree. Most of the residentials i do arent wide enough to wing out to 16' anyhow. a 8' rear plow would be just fine.
    Going from a 7'6" meyer to a 9'2" VXT made a huge difference in time already. im looking to shave even more time. that means i can handle a few more accounts.payup

Thanks again
    Matt