1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pull plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by site, Dec 11, 2001.

1. site

site Member

We just got our chance to try out our new Snowman pull plow last Saturday on a 2" storm, and here's what we thought-
    It worked great at pulling out garage doors. It was helpful in parking lots where we could easily pull out the corners. It helped on the new account we picked up the day after the storm. the snow had iced up pretty hard, and the down pressure helped scrape most of the ice free. It looks cool too and a lot of people asked about it. We picked up a few jobs as a result.
    On the downside I'm nervous sending out a less experienced driver with a $2800 tool hanging off the back of the truck where it is easy to bash into stuff and potentially break. It's a pain to put on and take off. Also, I dont have enough hands to shift and run both plows at the same time. I bet 5 years from now someone will have figured out how to put both plows on one control.
    I'm definitely glad I bought it, and think it will help a lot.

2. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

My controll for the rear blade is a single toggle, up and down, and is mounted in the Boss box alongside the other front blade controls. Very easy and convenient and second nature after an hour. I can operate both plows at the same time with one hand.

3. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i have one but have not utulized it to its potential yet

sc7 with wings

what models do you guys have

4. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

site,what kind of front plow are you using? thanks pt.

5. site

site Member

This plow is on an F250 with an 8 foot Fisher, and the pull plow is an 8 too. The Fisher has the old fashioned control with the cable operated lever mounted under the dash. I can run that one in my sleep no problem. The addition of pull plow controls adds confusion. I'm thinking I might wire them to a toggle down next to the other control so I can do all that with one hand. I gotta simplify it because I have my guys driving that truck most of the time, and they have had some mishaps in the past.

6. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

yep same as me.