1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pull plow Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by c2weech, Sep 8, 2010.

1. c2weech

c2weech Junior Member

So I am pretty sure that I am going to invest in a Daniels Pull Plow this year. The only remaining concern that i have is about the clearance when going up angled drives from street level and coming back down to street level from an upward angled drive.

Do these plows have enough clearance when doing this? I would hate to ruin the plow, assembly, or hitch

A good number of the drives I do are angled up from street level.

Anyone have any feedback? I haven't been able to find much.

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Never heard of anyone having problems with this?..?...We dont.
  3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Never had a problem with it.
  4. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Just to give you some kinda idea. This is a stock ram 2500 and I have 17 " of clearence and with the pull plow sitting flat even on the ground where my adjustable mount is at

5. c2weech

c2weech Junior Member

Thanks guys.

I take it that you guys feel it was a worthwhile investment and upped your efficiency?

Thats all I needed to hear.

Going to pick mine up in a week or two!
  6. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

That looks like less that 17". I think mine is 13". The bottom of my Daniels mount hit on one driveway that had an upward angle starting at the curb. Not fun when you are sliding down backwards. The front plow hit too if I slid down too fast. 2500 hd also. Has to be a real quick upward angle to hit.

Wouldn't like to plow without it though had it for 9 years now.

7. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

I never scraped the center lift cylinder but sometimes the plow would hit on a extreme angle...I had 1 drive that no joke was45 degrees. Of course the front plow hits too, so what difference does it make