1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pull plow on jeeps/1/2 tons

Discussion in 'Daniels Plows Discussion' started by cdqat1432, Mar 13, 2011.

1. cdqat1432

cdqat1432 Member

Anyone ever put a pull plow on a jeep or 1/2 ton pickup truck. Daniels says use their 80 inch model on a half ton but there is hardly any weight difference between the 80 and the 96. I could see the 80 on a small jeep though.

2. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

I got a 72" Daniels Pull plow on my Jeep Wrangler. My jeep is 66" wide stock and with my tires is probably 68" wide. I contemplated putting a 80" on it but a 30 year veteran of the business persuaded me not to. I don't think Daniels would recommend it either. With mount, hitch and plow it might weigh in at 250lbs. I have air shocks so it holds it up very well. I call my pull plow a very efficient functional ballast! Click on my signature below and check out my pictures.

3. cdqat1432

cdqat1432 Member

Do you think that the 72 is wide enough? I was on the Daniels web site and they said that the 8 footer was only for the 1 tons. Then you see Ebling videos of 3/4 tons with 16 footers. Anyway, 72 is probably plenty for the jeep; just do two passes for every drive and your done. Nice pictures. How much do they want for the 6 footer?

4. gvm

gvm Member

John really does do great work, and he is a SUPER knowledgeable guy. As far as sizing, and pricing are concerned, I make everything from a 60 to a 96.

I did sell a couple 60's and 70's this past winter for guys with mini trucks, nissan pathfinders, dodge dalotas, ect, and they were very happy with them. The 72 is the best size for a jeep, period. 70 thru 80" are 2300.00, and from there, they go up in 50 dollar increments to the 96".

gary at daniels.

5. gvm

gvm Member

there really is not much of a weight difference from the 72 all the way up to the 96, but what becomes the factor is how much more snow you can gather with every one, or half of a foot more of width. for sure, a 72 on jeeps and mini pick ups, and small suv's, an 80 for sure on a half ton, and 90 or 96 on 3/4 ton and up trucks.

Hope that helps.

gary at daniels.