1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pull in front end on 90 chevy diesel

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CRogers, Jan 12, 2004.

1. CRogers

CRogers Junior Member

Hi everyone, I have been a long time user of this web site, and I love it. I have recently ran into a problem with my 1990 chevy 2500 diesel. I am getting a very bad pull from the front end, I have had 2 mechanics look at this problem and no one can figure it out, hopefuly someone on here has an answer. When driving the truck it pulls to the right very bad. I had the 4wd pulled out to narrow down the possibilities and that did not help. I noticed that the tire was kicking in on an angle when driving, we replaced the ball joints and made sure everything was kosher. Again the truck pulls real bad. I did notice that the tire was moving in and out of the wheel well when driving by about 2" but all bushings and berings seem to be good. This problem is driving me crazy because i just spent a lot of $$$ on a new rear end and put many hours into solving this problem. If anyone has any suggestions please help me figure this problem out.

SNOWPIMP Member

Bent Rim and/or rubber brake hoses! The rubber brake hoses shrink with age they let pressure in but not back out the the master cylinder!
  3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I would, if you haven't already take this approach to solving your problem. Check for brake drag. Raise front wheels off the ground and compare the rolling resistance of both front wheels(of course use jack stands and such). Is one side harder to turn than the other? Apply and release the brakes and test again. The bleeder screws can be opened on the caliper to check for a collapsed brake line on a wheel that is hard to turn. Check hub bearing assemblies for play and/or resistance. Check all front end components. Check for bent or broken suspension components. Check for bent wheel or bad tire. Check alignment. Check how quickly steering wheel returns to center after cornering, left & right. A good tech should be able to locate the cause of this problem without to much trouble and would probably use these steps to solving this problem.
  4. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

Definitely check your wheel bearing, on your truck it's a one piece sealed unit
  5. Big shot

Big shot Junior Member

Simple problems

:realmad: :realmad: I bet you want to sell that truck. Does it feel like it wants to throw you into on coming traffic? If so I know the problem.:confused: Have a beer call me and sell the truck to me. You have a tire problem. 100 % Thats the problem. It also sounds like it's not a 2500 its a 3500, because it happens to dually's Pay attention to your Chevy. Your welcome payup
  6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I know it sounds odd, but check the cross member for the torsion bars (behind trans). Just had the same problem with one of our trucks, looked all over the front end, brother was laying on the creeper screaming "theres got to be something wrong with this truck", when he went to turn, his flashlight hit the broken member.