1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pull Back Option For Push Box

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GBD, Nov 10, 2015.

1. GBD

GBD Junior Member
    from Ohio

I need to purchase a new 8' push box this year and have decided to go with a steel edge. I am looking at the pro-tech boxes and the boss boxes. I like the looks and the price of the boss better but they do not have a pull back option. I take care of a condo complex with 80 driveways and thought the pull back option would be really handy. Pro-tech offers a pull back option but not with a steel edge.... Suggestions? Not sure which option is more important the pull back or the steel edge. Also, the boss sides are 30" and the pro-tech are 40".

Thank you

2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

You could fab one up yourself, a guy here did that, looked like he just got a piece of metal and laid it on the top so he could tip the box up and pull back (like a protech) and just made it so it wouldnt flex.

3. GBD

GBD Junior Member
    from Ohio

Cool, thanks for the response. What about the mold board height, do you think the 10" is enough off a difference to spend the extra money on?

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

5. GBD

GBD Junior Member
    from Ohio

I will check that out, thank you for the feedback, very helpful.

6. Mr.Markus

7. LuckyPlower

LuckyPlower Senior Member

I agree with the HLA. We have a new 10' with trip edge and pull back bar. Price is reasonable. Having a trip edge is a must for us.

8. GBD

GBD Junior Member
    from Ohio

I just ordered an HLA 8' box with a steel trip and pull back this morning. Thanks for the info everyone, that made my decision easier!

9. LuckyPlower

LuckyPlower Senior Member

Nice, I'm sure you will like it.

10. Mr.Markus

Thumbs Up Have a profitable winter....