1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Puffing noise.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Can-Boy, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Can-Boy

Can-Boy Member

Hope every one is well.I have 2004 f250 6.0 Litre.and just today I have a puffing noise coming out of my airitake at the front of the truck.Truck still runs smooth but makes this darn noise.Anybody ever hear of this? Thanks in advance.

2. nightandday

nightandday Junior Member

Puff puff puff puff puff puff

I had the same experience with my 06 f-350. it went on for about a year every so offen usually after having a heavy load pull and then let off the throttle. My guess is you have had injector problems maby an Egr cooler go also. Maby not. But my truck wound up having bad head gaskets and after they were fixed all of the other problems above went away on there own:waving:

3. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

That sound is totally Normal. Alot of guys call it a Turbo fart. The6.0's VGT turbo has no waistgate, this is it's way of "venting" or gating the air. So nothing to worry about.
    robert

4. Can-Boy

Can-Boy Member

Puffing noise was broken rocker arm.Just to let you know.

5. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Another famous 6.0L problem.