1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pucks suck,other options???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by skidooer, Jan 20, 2009.

1. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

anyone come up with other options to replace the center puck, I run poly edges so I am not looking to switch to metal formed edges

2. Lakestate1

Lakestate1 Junior Member

Cut strips of old conveyor belt (make sure its long enough to get just beyond the first bolt on each side) and bolt it behind your cutting edge. Also when we replace cutting edges, we cut up the old set so you bolt them on the outside for curb guards (let them extend out 2 inches or so) If this is all confusing i will try to get a picture.

3. Lakestate1

Lakestate1 Junior Member

Bad pic, but you should be able to get the idea.

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

4. agrizman

agrizman Junior Member
    from Mich

Great Idea. From the pics, looks as if you removed the cutting edge and put the belt on the front of the blade instead of behind. Right. Sounds dumb, but my first thought was to mount it behind the blades. Only 2 bolts to remove was my logic. In what possition did you have the blade when you installed the belt? Seems like in the V position would give you the longest length. Maybe this sounded strange but I bet that I was not the only one wondering about your application. Thanks alot, Griz

5. jimz2500

jimz2500 Member

This what Meyers uses on thier V blades, but of course it's a fancy cut piece that mounts behind the blade. The rubber works well and is cheap to replace. My blade had rubber on it forever, now has steel designed and fabbed by me...lol. Best to size and mount the rubber in the folded, travel position.