1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Public thank you to Scott Moorman

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by JustJeff, Nov 21, 2014.

1. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I had a bad angle cylinder that was supposed to be replaced under warranty by my dealer. My truck sat there for a month, and it was like pulling teeth to get the dealership to return my calls. I literally made about ten phone calls in that month and left numerous voicemails, and maybe got two back. When they did call me back, the answer was always the same. "Buyers hasn't sent us the parts yet". (I don't know if that was true or not). So, out of frustration I called Buyer's customer service center. The guy was polite but offered no answers. I then P.M.'d Scott, because I'd often seen his posts on here trying to help people out. I told him what was going on, and about 24 hours later, my dealership called me TWICE, bending over backwards to explain to me that they now had my part. I also then got a call from a sales person from Buyers saying that if there was anything else he could do to shoot him an email. Still not pleased with the dealership at all, but just wanted to give a public thank you to Scott, and Jeff, the salesperson from Buyers who apparently shook stuff up enough to get my dealership to finally call me back and get my plow in operational order again. The dealership didn't stand behind me (the customer), or the product, but the people from Buyers did.

I know we all cry LOUD when companies don't do the right thing, which is understandable, but I also want to make a point to say thank you, and acknowledge when a company DOES do the right thing. And in this case, Buyers did do the right thing by me.

2. johnmac300466

johnmac300466 Junior Member

He is one of the reasons I broke tradition from fisher and diamond and bought a snowdogg,watching this site and him helping everyone,we have a couple of dealers here in Nova Scotia and the one closest one treated me great,I used the the Plow once so far and it worked great

3. mud

mud Senior Member

Not only has Scott been great about answering my questions when I have had them both buyers warranty department and my dealer have been awesome as well. When I had issues with my center hinge on my 8.5 vxf it was fixed immediately and with out question. To top it all off not only was the bad wing replaced they replaced the other wing as well. As a result I bought a second V plow the next week. A 9.5 VXF this time and have plans off adding a couple of salt dog spreaders and probably a 12 foot trip edge pusher for next year.

4. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Mud,what issues dit you have with the center pin. First year with a SD v plow. Was wondering why there is no grease fitting.

5. mud

mud Senior Member

My center pin was not the issue but rather the hinge part of the wing on one side. There was a flaw in the metal and it broke one of the loops that goes around the pin. I was able to finish the storm the way it was and buyers and my dealer had me back up and going in about 24 hours with two new wings and a new center pin.

They can actually be greased. You do however need a needle adapter for your grease gun which runs about ten bucks. The holes in the hinge are designed to accept the needle adapter for greasing.

needle.jpg

6. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

I have to say that Scott has been fantastic with CS as well with me. Despite my issues with my EX90, I have an XP810 being installed tomorrow only because of how Scott has been in the past with me. IF Scott wasn't a member here and given such good CS, I'd be onto another brand.

Kudos to Snowdogg and Scott!!

7. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

I appreciate the kind words. I'm just doing the easy part though. With the way this winter has started in a lot of areas of the country, Buyers and our dealers are working as hard as we can to try to keep everything in line and everybody happy. We're all human though, and sometimes there is a misunderstanding or a dropped ball.

I'm glad that I was able to help in this case, as sometimes a phone call is all it takes.

I know you all have your work to do, and if you fail you let down your customers. It's the same with us. We certainly want to get everything right - and if that doesn't happen we realize we're letting you down.

Thank you for your support of SnowDogg and the SnowDogg team. Without our technical support group, customer service group, dealers and distributors, AND CUSTOMERS we would be nothing.

Happy Plowing and Happy Thanksgiving! Here's hoping you don't get called out to plow during your well deserved holiday.

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I switched for the same reason, and Fisher's are built in my backyard. I've had my plow since 2012 and haven't had an issue with it yet. I've had questions over the years since I've switched trucks and Scott answers them very quickly and is overall a pleasure to deal with. Thanks Scott!