1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PTO Question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 75W300, Aug 24, 2007.

1. 75W300

75W300 Junior Member

I've got a question concerning the PTO output on the NP203 Transfer Case on a 1976 TF-727 Automatic, The truck in question is a 1975 W300 Dodge Towtruck.

I no longer have the NP435 4-Speed Manual that came with the truck, I do still have all the PTO equipment off of it though. I browsed Google until i ran out of listings but the most i could find was similar questions with responses that didnt know if it would function or mate to the Case, even though it does match up cosmeticaly.

I asked my father but he doesnt know either, he did tell me that years back there was a PTO available for the 203, along with the proceedure for engaging the PTO on an Automatic Transmission.. (Neutral on the Trans, Neutral on the Case, Engage PTO, Shift Trans into Gear)

Anybody know for sure if everything matches up on the parts?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

pto

i know a company that is extremely knowledgeable in hydraulic's and pto drive train's,they are component technology in des moines iowa ,they have other locations.normally they deal with truck equipment company's .they may give you the information you need call 1-800-333-7411