1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PSD/4.10/auto

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by flakesmeangreen, Feb 13, 2002.

1. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

While looking into the possiblity of upgrading my truck in the future I visited Ford's site to build my truck. How come you can no longer get the 4.10 gears on a PSD with an auto? I'm almost positive that it was previously offered on pickups and know that it was available in the E350 with a PSD and auto. Any one know the answer to this?

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I thought4.10 was only offered in F350 dually trucks.The f350,and 250 SRW can only get 3.73 with the PSD I think Dodge is the only one offering 4.10 in a diesel now with single wheels,Gm wont put them behind the new duramax at all.

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

John's right, you can only get the 4.10s in the dually, not the SRW. I really wanted them in my '01 350 SRW and begged the dealer to pull strings but no luck. Don't know why, it would take some load off the tranny.