1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PS-Cannot go back to last page

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by DHDB, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHDB

DHDB Member

I am not sure what is going on but I cannot go back to the last page viewed. I have to go back to the main forum and find my way back to a thread. I wasn't sure if anyone else was having this problem.

2. DHDB

DHDB Member

Seems to be working now.

3. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

This has been an ongoing problem on this site for well over a year now. Many have complained about it.

4. CS-LAWNSERVICE

CS-LAWNSERVICE Member

yep I have the same problem with this forum ,so not when I go to a topic I just right click it and open in a new tab so I do not loose my place .

5. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Some pages work right and some do not it seems.

6. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

It is an intermittent problem for me but frustrating!

7. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

it could be the browser you are using, here is a link to where this was dicussed before - http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=83498

also, I have tried in IE 8 and IE 9 and am not experiencing the problem with the back button, but will check with the site technicians and let you know if/what the problem may be

8. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Michael,

I use the latest version of Firefox.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I ocasionaly have the issue also on both my IBM with IE8 and my MAC with Safari whatever the latest is.

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

11. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

12. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Just google Fox Fire back button not working. Lots of hits

13. Championized

Championized Junior Member

I have the same problem, but only on PlowSite. I'm on Firefox 4, but my back button works everywhere else.

14. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

x2........

15. Championized

Championized Junior Member

The last day or two my back button has worked fine here on PlowSite, but today is acting up again. I want to add that although on the Firefox link above people said their back button was greyed out, mine is not. When I click on it, it briefly goes through the motions of working, but then stops.

16. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I as well have problems using the back button only on plowsite...

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Mine devolped the stutters, sometimes it goes forward sometime no. If I hit the back button then the forward button it will work again.

18. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

This problem is solved! Thanks to CT-TILEMAN!!! Mega props for the info on the Firefox AdBlock Plus plug-in. Added that and this place is like a different site! Easy to use, loads fast, and no more back button problem! Thumbs Up

Credit where it's due to the mods as well for NOT DELETING CT-TILEMAN's post with this info. Thumbs Up

19. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

X2..... I did that and WOW everything loads 10 times faster and no more back button issues!
    ;)

20. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, I installed Ad-Block Plus and now this site works like it should Thumbs Up Thanks to whoever came up with the solution!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.