1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PS and Interior Squeaks

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by crossboneracing, Jan 10, 2007.

1. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Hey guys I got a coule questions. If anyone has an answer or some sort of solution this would be helpful. I have an 04 2500HD ex cab. First I have a 7.5' fisher MM 1 and with the blade up and the truck stopped the wheel is hard to turn. I dont know if anyone else has the same problem? It does have the plow prep by the way and the tortion bars are cranked a little bit (still not even half way).

Second, My interior seems to be a rediculous rattle trap. The drivers side door sqeaks or creeks if you want to call it that on the drivers side interior door panel near the window chanel and where the armrest and filler piece meet toward the rear of the door (near where the latch is). I can tell its the panel itself and not the latch. I guess its just the cheap plastic panel? Anyone have the same problem or any solutions or ideas? It has been to the dealer 5 times to fix the damn thing. Also, when it is humid or it rains I get a creaking noise from the top of the door where it meets the rear 1/2 door. Anyone else have this too? Its annoying as can be and pisses you off when the sticker price was 37K when I bought it on 04. Let me know If anyone has any solutions or ideas again please! Thanks Guys! HELP! :realmad:

2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Ford.......

3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

NEVER, turn you wheel with the blade on and the truck NOT moving.

Lubricate your weather striping, latches and the pad that the ext cab door sits on when it's closed. This might help.

4. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

I have already tried that a while back. That was my first instinct. It didnt work though today i will try the door panel again. Also why would it be bad to turn the wheel with the plow up? Sometimes you have to and I have never had that problem before escpecially with only a 7.5' plow. My work truck is an F350 with a 9' and doesnt do that? Thank you for the help though! Any other comments would be awesome!

5. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I have heard others talk about that, I think they said there is a TBS on it.
    I think it has something to do with a bad power steering pump or the wrong pump.
    Maybe someone else knows about this. or ask your dealer about a TSB for your issue.

6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Mine did something very similar I took it back to my dealer and they took care of it for me!

There is a tsb on it from GM bring it to the dealer

7. Plow

Plow Junior Member
    from home

Squeaks

Spray wd-40 on the latch behind the rear seat where it connects the top back of the seat to the cab. The two spots that need oiling are almost directly below the each of the two headrests. Spray a little wd-40 on each one. The door squeak can be fixed by rubbing vasoline into the weatherstripping around the doors on each side of the truck and also on the latches where the doors hook to the cab. You should be squeak and rattle free after this. Inform your dealer of the fix if it works for you so they in turn can help others with the same problem.

Good Luck