1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Prowings???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by GMCHD plower, Feb 10, 2010.

1. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Anybody have prowings on their fishers? Do you have to put a hole in the mold board face? Thanks, David

2. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

I did on my old Fisher. Yes, you mount 2 brackets to each side of the plow, and drill a 1" (I believe) hole in the face of the moldboard on each side.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I've seen some guys cut the pins off the wings and weld them to the blade instead. wish I thought of that before I torched my plows.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

How do these things hold up to hard packed snow? Sometimes I get properties that haven't been plowed for a storm or two and have to "carve" my way into the drive through the street snowbank. Would that just snap these things?

5. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

they're about as tough as you would want. they do bend if you hit curbs hard. I would rather havee the wings bend than the plow bend. My guys are pretty tough on our trucks and they've survived a few seasons each. Occassionally you need to bring out the sledge to tweak it back straight.

they'll carve out crusty snow, if anything the rubber will just bend back. occassionally we will pull the inside wing off to get the blade to curl better if its real bad.

6. plowguy43

So these things are metal? They look like poly from the pics.

7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

they are 3/16" steel I believe. they have a rubber cutting edge (since they don't trip you want some give) some guys replace them with poly edges though

8. plowguy43

I see- is there any welding involved to install or are they bolt on?

9. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

They are locked in with clips. No need to weld. I put some on my truck 4 years ago and they have held up great.

10. plowguy43

Oh nice- thanks for the response. I may have to get some of these.

11. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I love mine. They help with catching trails too when angling left or right. I am happy with em and they bolt right on. 2 hours to install if you take your time.

12. plowguy43

This'll be a great way to save some cash and weight when I upgrade trucks and need a wider blade. What does it extend a 7'6" plow to, like 8'6"?

13. snocrete

snocrete Banned

They made our 7ft 6in.... a 9ft 2in.

14. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

any pictures?

15. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Not on a fisher but on my 7.6 curtis.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This driveway is one car width and two scrapes and I was done. The second one I didnt really need but felt guilty getting it done so quick.
    [​IMG]

16. plowguy43

Very nice! Seems to really help clear quickly.

17. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

How do you guys keep the mold boards from rusting out around the holes? Just make sure it's painted?

18. plowguy43

Personally- regardless of what it is, if I ever drill through metal on my truck/plow/whatever, I alway paint the bare metal unless it needs to be bare for a ground connection. I'd definitely recommend doing that if you drill through your moldboard.

19. sojaes

sojaes Junior Member

I just put these on 2 days ago on my 8' HD. they are awesome...I don't want to do parking lots without them. I recommend these for every plow except the X blade and V blades...other than that...put em on anything you are doing lots with. I considered even putting them on the straight blade of my Kubota

20. OHSIX6OH

OHSIX6OH Junior Member
    from Maine

I am also in central Maine ,If you are looking to buy I have a set I will sell cheap .They were used a few times last winter.