1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

prowings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jpunlimited, Feb 11, 2005.

1. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

I finally got off my wallet and purchased a slightly used set of wings. I plan to put them on my meyer 6.5 for clean up only. I know that you are not supposed to use them on a 2 meter but that is exactly why I need them. do you guys think I will fold the 2 meyer into a "V" plow? I can't stand the trail off on the long runs for clean up. it feels like the blade is empty by the time I get to the end. So I got them coming and hope there will be a few more storms to test them.

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Put them on. Your not suppose to use them on a Meyer Poly either and I have the on 2 polys. You will love them, once you use them you will wonder how you use to plow without them. I have them on 3 of our 4 trucks. Right now I am trying to find Urethane to replace the rubber edge, anyone have a good source for the U-edge, I need 4-6 pieces of U-edge 8x15x1 no holes necessary. PM me if you know where to get it.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The only reason I could think of not putting them on a 2 meter is no frame to the plow. Just back it up with some curved plates for the backing, should be OK. Just don't hit stuff hard.

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

My understanding as why they are not recommended for the 2 Meter plow is the small radius of the plow face. The wing will not set into the face of the plow...