1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

prowings on a vplow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by edshipp19, Dec 30, 2003.

1. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

I did a search and nothing.
    I was just curious if anyone has a put wings on a vplow? I was interested in them as one of my lots is real big and open. We usually get small storms here and that is when they would be used. NOT for heavy snows!!

2. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

I have never seen wings on a V plow either. I don't know if that is something I would do. I think the purpose of wings was to give you something like a V plow anyway.

I wouldn't think they would be much help to a V plow.

3. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

obviously when using the plow in the straight blade position the wings would be beneficial, but my real question is.... when the plow is the the scoop mode are the prowings still angled out a bit, straight ahead on the same plane as the direction of the truck, or angled in ???? hope this makes sense
    thanks
    Brian

4. capital

capital Senior Member

they would be angled to actually block the flow of snow into your scoop position with the blade set into scoop on your v

5. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

I have pro wings on my western MVP, with the wings i am almost 10.5 ft. I have had them on since the end of last year and they work great. I have torn up two of the rubber edges on curbs so far, but I will just keep replacing them. Even if I go through 4 of them per season its only $80. Thats nothing compared to the time they save me.

6. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

CNY Thats what i wanted to hear. I have Fisher V's but close enough to the MVP , how was the install of the wings?

7. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

The wings take about 1-1.5 hr to put on , pretty easy as long as you have the right tools. I put an extra bolt through the top of the rubber piece, it keeps it standing up straight. Without the extra bolt, the rubber piece kind of leans over after plowing with it. Good luck !!:D

8. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Isn't one of the main purposes of the V is to eliminate wings?:rolleyes:

9. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Pro wings on a v? Wouldn't you then have a Blizzard 810 without retractable wings.

10. Michael F

Michael F Senior Member

I have them on two out of three plows (all Fishers).
    My brother plowed with our 99, which has a 9' straight blade with wings last season. This season he was/is in our 04, with a 8.5 V plow, after first storm, he wanted wings put on it, done, he seems to like them, after plowing without them all he did was bi*%h about how much slower it was without them. I had a set sitting in garage I bought on sale last season, because we had a bent wing on our other set. He installed them & repaired bent one. Now he's asking when I'm ordering anotrher set for my plow. Gives an idea of the confidince level he has in them.
    As for int being like a Blizzard without retractable wings...no I think its BETTER. You can form a deeper scoop, you still have V postion fror breaking open areas & can indepentally adjust each side. After having V-plows I don't think I'll buy somthing else, if I did however, it would probably be a Blizzard though.