1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Prowings on 8ft+ plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate plow, Nov 17, 2008.

1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

hey guys, Can you mount prowings on a 8,6 western pro plow? I have a cupple larger lots that I think these wings would help a lot. Anybody have wings on a longer plow here? Something is telling me I saw before they dont recomend them on longer plows and of corse the poly plows. Any info/help would be great.

justin

2. wls

wls Senior Member

thats the good thing about them, you can take them off or put them on pretty fast. After running my 1st set a few years ago, every plow I have know has them. Can almost keep up with my blizzard 810. LOL

But both my plows are 7.5's, but if I had a 8.5, I would put them on. jmo

3. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i run from 8 to 10'ers and use pro wing on either. Your not supposed to go down the road wider that 8 here in iowa though. Which is funny, citly/state, etc does it and v plows but it is still illegal.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

anyone have any pictures of Pro Wings on a 8' Fisher

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

How do I make my avatar bigger?

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

post it as a picture:D

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

also, make it larger in a editor before posting it. If you can't, or don't have the software, send it to me, I will email it back to you adjusted. RepoMan207@aol.com

8. FordFisherman

from 06611

Can't do it:realmad:

9. FordFisherman

from 06611

My 04 F350
    Attached Images

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Can you send it in an email to me?

Plowsite has already took it down to there specs, cant re edit it due to quality

11. FordFisherman

from 06611

Cant upload pic

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  12. FordFisherman

from 06611

Did it work?

Ford truck 2.jpg

13. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

ive got them on an 8.5 western i only use them one a couple of lots if the snow is a heavy wet snow it seems to make it stick to the plow more and makes it to heavy

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

Nice. worked mint. :nod: I would love a pair of these, it would save so much time on my bigger lots.

So what's the deal with installation on the fishers? I have been told you have to drill the moldboard? I am having it powder coated, painted and cleared right now.....I'm not so sure drilling through the powder coat is such a good idea, thats what starts the nightmare of pealing and there is no stopping it at that point.

Are they removable, meaning, is it something I can take off often and do it rather quickly? Any idea?

I appreciate the incite.

15. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I had them on my 7.5 poly, and could take them off or on in about a minute. There are three pins per wing and that is it. And to answer the question, yes unfortunately you do have to drill a hole in the moldboard

16. RepoMan207

from Maine

so, thats cool there pins and not bolts. That sucks about drilling though. Thanks!

17. FordFisherman

from 06611

Pretty easy to install; you need to drill a 1" hole in each side of the moldboard and 2 brackets (4 holes) for each side. From my personal experience, these wings are great, and well worth it even if the clearcoat peels. They go on and off easily (3 lynchpins each side) The time you save is incredible. Cut my lot times almost in half and I leave them on for driveways. The driveways go so fast that you almost feel guilty leaving so quickly. Almost. If you get them I did some fastener upgrades I can tell you about. Good luck.

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

Ford Man.......I just ordered them from CPW, should be here by Thursday. I will take any tips you want to give me. Thanks!