1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

prowings need installation instructions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jpunlimited, Feb 15, 2005.

1. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

bought used wings on ebay and I need destructions or a good picture of the hinge and pins. any web sites with a manual.

2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

hey going to dealer today will get some pics or info jp reed your pm i sent you one yesterday ......

3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

4. zippoz

zippoz Member

im not sure if your plastic/rubber scrapers are allready drilled, but you need to mount them lower then you tihkn you would by like 1/2 an inch because they stretch and leavea a gap after a while

5. jpunlimited

checked pm

oh these are going on one way or another! so any ideas/pics would be great.
    thanks.

6. jpunlimited

those threads help

those pics from the older threads are great. i just want to be sure I am dead on before I blast a hole in the blade. the hole is very close to hitting the center support on the 6.5meyer. does anyone know the measurements for the center hole. I can figure the hinges after. it looks like 8 3/8 in from the side and 13 5/8 up from cutting egde/ground. I don't think this would vary by brand.

7. JMR

JMR Senior Member

The measurement for the center hole is 8 1/2" from the side and from the bottom of the moldboard NOT the bottom of the cutting edge is 9 1/2". These are approximate.

8. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

I ended up putting some extra bolts at the top of the rubber pieces to keep them tight cause they kept filling up with snow and stones.

9. fernalddude

guide

hey this is the info from buyers

10. fernalddude

grrrrrrrrrrrr

cant get it to load on the site hey jp give me a email will send it to ya fernalddude@yahooo.com

11. jpunlimited

full of bits

tawilson it funny you say that because they are full of peastone and crap. I think another bolt or two is in order. thanks.

12. jpunlimited

can't post a pic

could not post pic

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005