1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Prowing Replacement Remedy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Runner, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I got to thinking about the replacement edges for the prowings (as I'm going to get new ones here, pretty quick). They get $40 for a set of two pieces of heavy rubber flap that is approx. what, 1 inch thick? Well, tomorrow (later today), I'm taking one up to my local TSC (Tractor Supply Co.) to compare it to something. As I recall, this is the same type material that those heavy mats are for the inside of horse stalls. The thing you have to look for, is there are different grades of these. I KNOW they make some heavy duty ones. Even if they WERE just a bit weaker, I know they would hold up well because they are bolted so close to the edge. At the very most, we could always use a piece of thin flat stock bolted across the back side going lower for reinforcement. Do you know many sets of these things you could get out of one of those mats???

2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

if ya want shoot me your addy in a pm and I will end you come scrap rubber cutting edge, I have quite a plethoria of it floating around

3. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Wow....now THAT is an extremely considerate gesture. Thank you so much even just for the OFFER. It is the thought and consideration of it. I will certainly consider it. I'm STILL going to check out this horse mat thing, though. I did some searching around the web last night and came up with a few different well known manufacturers. Some of these are revulcanized and some are made with poly-vinyl mixed in with them. Thank you, Nate.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2005