1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Provonost blowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Woodland, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I just got a price for a Provonost 62" snowblower from my local Kubota dealer - $2050 or $30 more for the 70"! Seems kind of low? Are these machines any good? Anyone have experience with them. I'll be putting it on a Kubota L3400 Shuttle shift. I'm only using it to clear my shop and the neighbors driveway so I don't need anything super rugged, but I don't want to toss my $$ out the window either.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's the make I would buy, if buying one. Neige knows alot about snowblowers, hopefully he'll reply.:drinkup:

3. Neige

Neige Sponsor

They make a great snowblower. Really well built, they know their stuff. How many HP is that Kubota. The 62 " might be your best bet.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I knew Paul would know.:drinkup:

5. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

It is a Kubota L3400 with the manual transmission. The literature lists the hp at the pto at 29hp, net for the engine is roughly 33hp. I had the same thought about the size. The only difference between the 62" and the 70" is the width. All of the other components are the same so I would basically be trying to cram and extra 8" of snow with the same power. First giveaway was, the extra width was only an extra $30.