1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ProTouch Groundscapes LLC Winter Division

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Nov 28, 2009.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Had a productive day. Installed the 7000lb springs in my f350. Gave each truck a quick bath then decided to snap some pics.

Background: We are a family owned landscape/Construction company operated by me, Daniel (boss), my brother Alex and my father. My dad has been in the construction business for along time, plowing for over 30yrs and has his own construction company. His specialty is masonry-brick/block and stone but he does general contracting as well. The landscape and maintenance side of the biz was started by me back in high school and now is ran by my brother and I. I am in college getting my Accounting degree as well as a minor in Entrepreneurship. I plan to go to law school and get a dual MBA and Jurisdoctorate degree. I want to keep this biz going, I like being my own boss and the income is good as well.

I use the 2009 F350 Powerstroke Lariat as my daily driver and plow rig.

Alex drives the 2002 2500HD 6.0L as a daily driver and maintenance truck but plows with the 1998 C3500 5.7L Dump. My father plows with the 2500HD(easier to use, lol) but uses a work van and sometimes the dump for his regular construction work.

Our nicknames: Dan= Boss Man, Alex= Snow Slayer and my Dad is "Ol' Man Winter"

Not pictured- ASV RC100

Ford F350- Boss 9' 2" V
    Chevy 2500HD- Meyer C8
    Chevy C3500- Blizzard 810PP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PTSolutions

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

1 out of 3 trucks looks good!

4. PTSolutions

Leopard Print toolbox- done by my brother. the original coating was peeling and looked old

[​IMG]

CB and Lightbar controller mounting:

[​IMG]

One switch turns on the floodlights mounted on the backrack, the other is just an extra for later use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. PTSolutions

She pushes well for being 11 yrs old and 2 wheel drive. We throw about 2 tons of stone 57 gravel up against the back gate for traction/ballast.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. PTSolutions

My rig: 09 F350 Crew Cab, Long bed, Lariat, Powerstroke 4x4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. PTSolutions

8. PTSolutions

[​IMG]

and heres a vid showing the drop with the new springs installed:

[​IMG]

9. PTSolutions

thanks Grandview, not hard to guess which one your talking about lol

10. THE-BOSS-PLOWS

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

Nice Like the differant types of plows

11. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Do you have your stock exhaust on the '09? I sure do like that truck, wouldnt mind having one.

12. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Too bad the V should be on the Chevy. J/K
    Nice rigs. They all look good to me. Good luck this year.

13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looks good. hey is that mount for the meyer on the chevy hard to take on and off? I am looking at buying a used meyer mdII with the e60?

14. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

all u need is a fisher and a western and then u would be a politically correct plow guy

15. PTSolutions

When are you looking in getting one. Its actually not a bad system. It lets you have the option of having the lights left on the truck or taking the lights and plow off completly.

16. PTSolutions

lol, let me know if you need any opinions on the plows! my dad ran meyer for a long time, they are cheap and abundant here since they are made locally. we wanted a big plow for the chevy so we went with a blizzard on that. so when we got the 350 i wanted something that was made with better "quality".

ya the 09 has the stock exhaust, the tabs/slots are to allow ambient air to mix in and cool the exhaust down since during regen you'll see 1500*+ temps

thanks for all the compliments guys.

17. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Yea im familiar with the stock exhaust on fords. Yours just sounded good in the video lol. Sounded louder than the couple ive test drove. How many miles are you up to? any problems?

18. Black01Z

Black01Z Member
    from VT

I like your trucks! I am not familiar with the blizzards but WOW tha 810 is huge!!! The pic just puts it in perspective for me. I can only imagine a 8611wesport

19. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

nice ford!!!

20. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

Nice looking fleet. Any particular reason you haven't stayed loyal to one plow brand? I am a boss operator and fan myself, but the whole fleet looks nice. I agree with Quality_SR, that boss should be on the 2500HD.