1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Protecting your truck from corroding

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by wam4528, May 23, 2011.

1. wam4528

wam4528 Junior Member

Whats up guys,

Im new to the site but been plowing for years. Just put in an order for a new sander for a f550 that we have and was looking for some input on undercoating. Being using the 3m rubberized undercoating but looking for other options to help get some longer life out of the truck.

open for all suggestions

Thanks

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I've never used the stuff, but I've gotten some interesting literature from Rhomar, products specifically for that purpose. I've been using fluid film and it works quite well as a corrosion preventative in every area I've used it, but I have yet to do a whole truck with it.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Move it to Florida? And if you can't do that ,try FF.

4. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

DONT SALT OR PLOW!!!!!! move to florida.

get some frame paint, have line-x do the whole lower part of your cab and udercoat the snot out of everything!

5. Snowman.ca

Snowman.ca Junior Member

Rubberized asphalt works well....do it every spring with proper clean/wash first.

Also either oil spray/Krwon or Rust check evry spring or fall

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Fluid Film!!!!

7. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Florida?

It doesn't snow but the sodium content in everything there is just as bad. Good point though, change environment. There are things that help, but the nature of the best is corrosion.

PM as described above, keep equipment sprayed off, keep it painted, etc..... and charge enough to replace as necessary. LOL.

8. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

:drinkup::drinkup: good point! Sea water is the worst!

Fluid Film and good maintenance!

9. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

u guys spray FF under the truck too? how long does it usually last?