1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Protecting new Boss Spreader

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by muff, Jan 11, 2011.

1. muff

muff Junior Member

I just purchased and had a new Boss tailgate spreader installed. I want to protect if by spraying it with FF. I have a 5 gal bucket of FF and a small canister sprayer solely for spraying FF. Still, I have treated very few of my pieces as many were "too far gone" by the time I discovered FF. That being said, i am looking for advice as what is ok to treat w/FF and what is not. Can I spray down my entire spreader inside and out? Or just the outside, metal parts? Will spraying the inside of the hopper cause the salt to get sticky and clog my spreader? Generally, I just don't totally get where most guys are applying FF to prevent corrosion, and if some methods are more successful than others. Thanks for any input.

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

My guess is your hopper is plastic. If it is, fluid film won't do much good since plastic is not corrosive. So spraying the hopper is a waste of materials in my view. Spray the metal parts down and repeat as necessary. I have older spreaders, and all of mine look great. After I discovered Fluid Film. I have rebuilt them all, sanded down everything to bare metal, and repainted, the coated with Fluid Film.

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Do not spray the inside, that would cause you problems with material feeding through. Remember you have to handle the spreader for taking on and off, so just spray moving parts, nuts, bolts and hitch points. JMO.

4. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

just put chuck norris back thereThumbs Up

5. muff

muff Junior Member

Thanks for the advice!