1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Protecting flatbed from salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by IA snoman, Nov 12, 2014.

1. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Hey guys looking for any and all suggestions here. I purchased a flatbed this last winter with intentions of putting my Western Tornado salter on it. I am looking for suggestions as to prevent damage to the flatbed itself from corosion. Are you guys coating your flatbeds or are you putting something under the spreader? I thought about putting a sheet of some kind of stainless steel or regular steel but not sure. My flatbed is steel not aluminum and its painted. Thx
  2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't put a sheet of anything under it, one way or another the salt is going to work it's way under it and you probably won't be able to clean it out until spring. We run several vboxes on flatbeds and like to get them slightly elevated on 2x2s, etc. for easy spray out between use.