1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Protech's Snow Fighter series

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by DCS MN, Oct 21, 2009.

1. DCS MN

DCS MN Senior Member

Just woundering what you guys think of these, they are built in the same factory. The only differance is the color, box supports, and two peices of channel on the back for $800 less than it's yellow brother.

2. MattLand80

MattLand80 Junior Member
    from MN

I took a look at that brand it's definately a cheaper version...it looks like one of those buyers dog pushers. I didn't know it was a protech, are you sure about that? the sides on the snow fighter have a bar and the back channels are much weaker. i'd be shocked if you get 3 years out of it.

3. DCS MN

DCS MN Senior Member

They are made side by side in the same factory. I bought a 8' and added the back channels and not to worried about the side bars. I would hope it would last longer than 3 years. All the metal is the same gauge, like you said just short one channel on either side of the mount and does not have the triangle style side supports.
    :nod:

4. chitownsnowedin

chitownsnowedin Member
    from Chicago

3 years? I have had pushers for 7 or 8 years and am not even thinking about replacing. Some spot welding here and there but these things aint close to being useless.

I completely fail to understand why one would get any shorter than I have.