1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ProTech Pushers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big Dog D, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Looking for feed back for anybody that has experience with the Pro-Tech pushers. I am looking at a 10' pullback that I could use on my 410E as well as a S-300 Bobcat.

Anybody got one? How do you like it?

2. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

We have one that we put on a front end loader. Ours is a 16 footer though. Real easy to take on and off!:nod:

3. plowed

plowed Senior Member

They are the best pusher boxes out there, imo. I would not even think of getting a diffferent box. Very well built, egineering/fabrication/finish.

4. plowed

plowed Senior Member

RCS are the best pusher boxes out there, imo. I would not even think of getting a diffferent box. Very well built, egineering/fabrication/finish.

5. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

What ever one you get I like how the metal trip edge scraps better than the rubber.

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

we have two 12 foot avalanche pushers and they are holding up awesome. havent used any other brand, but the consensus when we were buying was that the pro techs over time will deteriorate faster.......

7. Big Dog D

Does anybody have the back pull type? They are the same as the regular pushers but can be used to pull back too. Here is a pic of one that had the pull back added after. If you oreder it from the factory it comes fully enclosed on the top/front depending upon position.

pullback_2[1].jpg

8. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Big Dog D.... Real Nice Business There You Have.... I Would Love To See Some More Pictures Of Your Other Equipment For Landscaping And Your Snowplowing.... Thanks In Advance.... Keep Up The Good Work...

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Which pusher are you referring to John? ProTech or RCS? Or is your split personality showing up again? ;)

I do not have any of the push\pull types of ProTechs, but I do have several of the larger ones. 1 18', 2 16', 2 folding 16' and our subs have 8' up to 12' on their skidsteers. I've been very happy with them, no problems with manufacturing quality.

10. SDM Landscaping

SDM Landscaping Junior Member

Hello
    I have a pull back pro tech pusher. its an 8' model Bought new last year from Buffalo. It is a very nice unit and seems to be holding up very well. I havent even had to flip the rubber over yet.
    Just my opinion

Thanks
    Scott

11. Big Dog D

That Bobcat pic isn't mine, it's off of ProTech's web site.

12. Big Dog D

What are you running it on?

13. SDM Landscaping

Its on a 773 High Flow machine. Works fine. If you get it right full of wet wet snow its tough pushing cause of traction but it gets the job done. We use it to get in tight areas in a recycling faclity we plow. Workes great in loading docks and near all the dumpsters.

14. Big Dog D

Try a set of chains on the rear tires only, you will be amazed at the difference in how it will push. We use them on our machines all the time i in the snow, with either the bucket or snowplow.

15. SDM Landscaping

does the chains ruin the blacktop at all? even when turning? That was always my fear.

Thanks
    Scott

16. Big Dog D

Some slight scratches, nothing major.

17. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

snow wolf

look into snow wolf snowtires everything i hear about them is nothing but good news. I have a set on the way.