1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Protech 6ft snow pusher vs horst pusher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NickSnow&Mow, Aug 10, 2014.

1. NickSnow&Mow

NickSnow&Mow Senior Member

Hey guys, im having a hard time deciding between a protech pusher a metalpless pusher a grattex pusher a shoule pusher a horst or a cotech snow pusher with a back dragger for my 30hp 4x4 compact tractor with a loader if anybody has any input it would be greatly appreciated. Im looking a 6 footer

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

And what are you going to plow with said toy?

3. NickSnow&Mow

What? I said johndeere 3032e. I also have a rear blower

4. 1olddogtwo

Read the quote.

Subject is plow, toy-6ft plow.

What are you plowing, drive ways, lots, sidewalks ?

5. NickSnow&Mow

Oh i see driveways im not at the commercial stage yet it will be used primarely for bAckdragging

6. 1olddogtwo

That's what I thought and that's a bad idea for doing drives. Buy a blade for getting up close to house and so forth.

Hiring curbs will bend the loader arms.

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Punctuation, a lost art!

8. NickSnow&Mow

i thought a box with a backdrag on top would hold in the snow better and why would it bend the loaders with a box and not with a blade?

9. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Waste of money for what you're doing. Have you checked prices on them? I'm guessing not

It is recommended to buy a subframe and take loader off - more money

10. NickSnow&Mow

Yes they're all around $2500. What is taking the loader off gonna help? That just makes things more complicated

11. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

You're entirely too young and lost to be doing this. Why anyone would think about doing driveways with a pusher box is beyond my comprehension.

Wanna have something worth using for drives? Put a blower on the back of it and go.

12. NickSnow&Mow

you have no idea what you're talking about. First off I already have a rear blower
    Secoundly i dont want a normal box i want a box with a coverd top for backdragging i have no idea why you guys think im stupid? Its no different than a strait blade except it can keep the snow from coming out the sides. How is that not better than a strait blade? Im not the expert here. I would like to know why 1olddogto thinks a blade would be better he knows a lot more than me and you do too but no need to say im too young and lost. Thanks

13. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Think about it.

You're talking about back dragging. A blade is straight. A pusher has 3 sides. What would you back drag that you can't just blower?

If anything look for an inverted blower. You're wasting your money buying a pusher kage etc for drive ways

14. NickSnow&Mow

you still dont understand im looking for a 4 sided pusher that can be flipped around with the loader. it will be faster than blowing my plan is to only blow in heavy snow and drag for the light stuff my tractor is too small for an inverted i cant drive over 5ft of snow. already have a brand new frontier pto blower

15. NickSnow&Mow

16. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Nobody thinks your stupid. It just seems your over complicating things. I think a pusher would be a pain in the ass to try and use on drives. We don't do any drives but if we did a pusher would be my last tool of choice. I think a blade on the front ( maybe with wings ) and a blower on the back would be optimal. Just my .02

17. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Yeah using a box like that with your little tractor is a great way to bend the arms

I agree with above poster

18. NickSnow&Mow

ok. What blade would you recommend?

19. NickSnow&Mow

ok thanks. What blade would you recomend?

20. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I am a fan of The BOSS products BUT I am not sure if they have a plow for your application. There is a member on here that goes by the name of Neige. If you are serious about doing drives and are in this for the long haul you may want to look him up as he has drives down to a science.

Best of luck to you this season