1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Prospecting / Marketing Letter

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by SnowGuy, Aug 12, 2009.

1. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Does anyone have a marketing / prospecting letter / mailer that they would like to share. I am located in Kenton (NW), Ohio in a small town of 9,000 people. Please e-mail me at jerryt@kenton.com
    THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

I agree if anyone has something that seems to be working please share.

3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Letters by themselves don't really work for commercial sites in my experience. The time and effort involved in doing it doesn't really seem to be worth the payoff.

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

A letter has to be directed to the person making the decision, and is useless without a follow up call.

By sending a letter your ultimately delaying the most direct approach, which is going to follow anyways.

Your best bet would be to find out whose in charge, give them a call, set up a meeting, and sell yourself.

Take the time to understand what it is they want, and how snow affects their operation. Find out if they are happy with they're current supplier and ask what they like the most about their service. Ask what could be done better if their not too happy.

If they're happy and loyal to their existing supplier, walk away, but keep in touch regularly-newsletter, Christmas card, whatever-position yourself to be the next in line when their guy drops the ball.

Building a GOOD paying, and LOYAL client base takes time and lots of effort-this can sometimes be achieved a bit quicker with a brown envelope stuffed with Benji's. Just ask JDDAVE if you dont believe me.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Phone calls are a must. Letters are getting too $$ anyway.

Any time I'm told no I always throw something in there like "well if it doesn't work out with your contractor, you have my bid and phone number" or "hopefully we can work together down the road"

6. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

And all this time I thought you Canadian's were the hard working, honest bunch!

7. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

i call first see if they are bidding out and if they are send out a info/folder pack and call them back