1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pros/Cons of a Meyer 350S Blaster

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by cold_and_tired, Apr 3, 2009.

1. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

The dealer here has one left over from this season and I can pick it up on the cheap. Just wondering what some of the experiences with Meyer tailgate spreaders are.

Only two of my contracts require ice mitigation of any type and I have been using 300 lbs of salt for each. I'm starting to get pretty tired pushing my hand spreader around.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

3. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

mit·i·gate Listen to the pronunciation of mitigate
    transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s):
    mit·i·gat·ed; mit·i·gat·ing
    Middle English, from Latin mitigatus, past participle of mitigare to soften, from mitis soft + -igare (akin to Latin agere to drive); akin to Old Irish moíth soft — more at agent
    15th century

1: to cause to become less harsh or hostile : mollify <aggressiveness may be mitigated or…channeled — Ashley Montagu>2 a: to make less severe or painful : alleviate b: extenuate

I have been all over Craigslist and Ebay, there just arent that many in my neck of the woods. The used ones I have found were beat up pretty bad.
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Well i saw one meyer 350 for sale on ebay for 2K. It is not worth it. Get your self a new buyers or something for 1K and it does the same thing.
  5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Got to tell ya .... I've been very happy with my sno-way salter. I run the sw9 ( largest hitch ). Great unit. There smaller units I have seen in action - they too are worry free. Gates, burst, variable speed, one person mounting.