1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pros. & cons. Back Blade for fisher plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tim C, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Tim C

Tim C Member

I am looking to put a back blade on my fishermm 7.6. I do mostly residential, 1 sm service station, 30 drives. This blade sits behind the blade, and is custume made for plow,about 150and change. Is this a good choice to save time on backblading from garage doors or should I go a different rout. Replies would be a great help less then a week to decide.

Thanks Tim C Let it snow:drinkup:

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I have used them before,and they work well.Just make sure it's properly designed for a trip edge plow,so nothing gets damaged when it trips.It should also swing up out of the way,so snow doesn't pack up underneath it.

3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I would go for it considering its a Fisher & mostly resi work. With other brands I have used & seen used, I haven't seen a need for any kind of help with back dragging (newer Fishers might have different\better angle of attack than older ones though, mines an old MM1). Urethane also helped to improve back dragging over steel edges, but wasn't necessary as the back dragging was fine, except it helped greatly with my Fisher.

4. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

They are a must have for plowing driveway's. I have two of them and they work great.

5. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

Just be careful when using it as there is no relief for backgragging. Going foward you have the base angle trip and reliefs for cushion but nothing going backwards.

6. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

I am interested in getting one for my 8' Fisher HD. Does anyone know where I can get one made in the New England area, or should I just go to a local welding shop? I am going to replace my cutting edge this year, so I will have the old edge to use for stock.

7. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

BWinkel, a local welder would be your best bet. Thats how mine are made up. There is a pic of mine some where on plow site.

8. Strongmd

Strongmd Member

We have 6 of them and would never go back.
    We have them custom fabricated by a local guy.

9. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Can someone show a pic. I am also very interested in one. If someone can show a pic then I could built it myself.

thanks,

10. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

pic of back blade

Use the plowsite search function . Pictures have already been posted .

11. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Re: pic of back blade

I did and a million came up, but NO pics. Will try again.

12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Here is a picture of one on the new Pro-Plus from Western
    [​IMG]

13. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Thanks for the Pic. Hope they come up with one like that on a Fisher plow.

14. Got Snow

Got Snow Senior Member

back plow

hey,
    i have an older speed cast set up w/ 8' blade. i also have a "back dragger" and do all residential drives. this was an excellent improvement for productivity. absolutly a must for drives. alot cheaper than a rear plow.

only negative i've had is you sometimes get stuck in piles, as the backdragger hangs down and is prone to get stuck in the snow when you pile it. (you will get used to this)

PM me , i can give you my contact for backdraggers. $150 installed last year. Framingham area

15. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

Its been awhile since the last post on these backdrag blades, I need 2 of them I am in North NJ

16. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Any fisher dealer should have them or be able to get them. I would bet one of the site sponsors have them as well.