1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro's and Con's of Saber lights

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by stcroixjoe, Feb 28, 2006.

1. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

does anyone have any input on these lights? i have heard good and bad from a few people I have a set and i a debating to put them on

2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

good and bad

The good points are brite lite good pattern but replacement parts are expensive.I have just one rig with them but for cost i can have the older style for 150 bucks that work fine.

Picture 554 (Medium).jpg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The big thing is the lights are SO expensive.
    If you get snow plow parts catalogs they have the older Meyer wrap around lights for $89.My local shop has them for $150.

I think a lot of the lights get cracked because people forget they are there when checking the engine. They step back off the bumper and hit them on the way down.

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I had a set and I didn't care for them so I took them off and installed the older style and I'm much happier. Besides the plastic headlight bulbs in the older style have a lifetime guarantee on them. If you blow one or even crack one take them out and take them to Napa and they are more then happy to exchange them for you, no questions asked....Rob

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I hate mine. Both cracked when I hit a man hole cover. The one busted right off. Plastic welded them back together. I hate them. Pure Junk.