1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pros and cons of blizzard plows!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by benabarlow, Oct 16, 2004.

1. benabarlow

benabarlow Member
    from vermont

Does any body have any more tips Pro and or Cons that is not mentioned in a information guide or the web site. Ya know, the info from the streets from the people who plow. Thanks for the info.
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Do search on Blizzard plows. Ton of stuff.
  3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

the only con that i have come up with is the one year warranty. not that i have seen problems with them, but its nice to have something longer.
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Wow, it's amazing this thread has been up for an hour and a half and Jon Geer\Kubota West hasn't replied yet. ;)

We our getting our first one this year, so I can't give any first hand experience. But what I've heard about them has been fantastic. I think it is the next step past the v-plow. They have made enough changes\improvements since the first one I saw that I am willing to give it a try.
  5. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Let me start by saying I do not own a Blizzard because of no dealer within 200 miles of me but from talking to people who do own them here is what I have heard.

Well built
    Work well
    Wider than a V in scoop mode
    Excellent for big areas, commercial etc

1 yr warranty
    Paint on blade does not hold up well
    Full trip instead of trip edge (from a Fisher owner ;) )
    Pushplates(frame) is more noticeable when plow is off

Overall I would not be scared to buy one if I had dealer support.
  6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Tons of pros, and two cons.

The cons are:

White Paint
    Light Tower does not remove with the plow.

Get WIDE Get BLIZZARD :gunsfiring:

Some of us do not devote our entire lives to PLOWSITE, but Mark is correct, I was slow to respond. I guess i was busy assisting customers with their plow purchase. Mark, where are you purchasing your plow from? :confused:

I hope you consider Kubota Of West Michigan, those guys give the most top rated customer service in the industry.

See you soon.
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Dang, DJ, that was straight to the point. I know what you mean about customer service though. ;)

We have also had difficulties with Kubota West, which is why we are purchasing our Blizzard from someone else. Mainly because that someone else can afford decent insurance on equipment in their lot. If you know what I mean.
  8. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

DJ and Mark both understand that the issues at hand were in no way a direct reflection of Jon Geer. I have always treated my customers with the same respect I receive from them, no matter if they spend one dollar to six figures.

Your issues are with administration, I am just a silent employee, I have no input in your dilemmas. I am sorry though that we can not get over our trials and tribulations. Time should heal all. I hope that this doesn't disrupt our professional relationship? :(

I have always performed my job for you 110%, nothing less.