1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Props to Western vs. Boss

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by theguynextdoor, Dec 9, 2007.

Which do you prefer over the others?

1. Boss

25 vote(s)
  2. Western

17 vote(s)
  3. Fisher

7 vote(s)
  4. Other

4 vote(s)
  1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I was checking out the sites of Boss and Western. These obviously seem to be the industries leading manufacturers along with Fisher i think. Anyways the videos on Western's site sold me for sure over teh Boss plows. If i do get a new plow, as of now I would definitely go with the Western, possibly the wideout except thos wings seem they may present more possibilities for breakage. I think they definitely have the superior mounting system.

From someone who has used both Boss and Western, which do you like better?
  2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Snoway and then western.
  3. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I think that the Boss RT3 and Western Ultramount are just as fast and easy as each other. The Boss might be a little easier, but like the video says the Western has no electrronics to worry about. They both beat the old ways! As far as the wideout is concerned, I almost bought a Blizzard 810 and IMO the supposedly extra effiiciency of the Power Plow is more than offset by all the extra moving parts as comparied to a v plow.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  4. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

i like the boss V and thats what i have right now. i also like the western straight blade which ive used a few times.

the only thing i dont like about the new boss plows is the lack of a chain, call me old school or what ever i just like a chain.

with that said i think my next plow will be a western because finding the old boss plows with chain lifts is pretty hard now a days
  5. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I love my boss. takes 30 secs to hook up and its a very strong mount and the plow is very strong as well. The only other plow I would consider is the blizzard 810
  6. BenW455

BenW455 Junior Member
    from WV

I have had boss plows since 98 just got a v last year, love it. It saved me 45 min the first time I used it. And time is money.payup I wish I would have bought a v sooner.
  7. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I'm done with Western:realmad: so they better last cuz nothing else catches my eye
  8. getmydrift

getmydrift Member

I love the v plow, my new western mvp plow controller, or some electrical gremlen has sidelined me twice. most recently last night.dealer is 50 miles away, costs 70 bucks just to take it in. as far as which plow, I would suggest who is closest. in hindsight Boss dealer is 25 miles closer. when the western is working, it is sweet. Bob