1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Proposal Example Help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rnh719, Jul 31, 2008.

1. rnh719

rnh719 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hi,

So I'm new to this site as I've only been on lawnsite and I'm hoping someone can help me. This will be my husbands third year plowing snow but he's always plowed as a sub contractor. We have an opportunity to bid on a really great property, a shopping center, and want to get the snow removal to be a shoe in for the lawn and landscape maintenance. I need to get an estimate over to them but I have no idea what it should look like! We are at this point strictly residential and I do not think the estimate I use for residential is right for a commercial property plus it's for landscaping.

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me with a blank example of what a plow estimate should look like. I need to get this estimate to him tonight!

Thanks in advance!! :)

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i would need more information , in order to help you, PM me with some specs regaurdign the property. did they provide you a spec sheet?

3. rnh719

rnh719 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Wow, so I have no idea why but I can't figure out how to PM you... lol. I feel stupid that I can't figure it out but I can't. I'm not sure what a spec sheet is. Is that something as far as what they are wanting done, how often, the layout of the property etc?

I've searched for examples of estimates on this site and can't really find much. I'm kinda surprised. :confused:

4. elite1msmith

from chicago

i beileve that if you click on my sceen name it will allow u to send me a message

5. rnh719

rnh719 Junior Member
    from Ohio

That's what I did and I don't have that option. Maybe I'm not allowed to PM yet since I'm new to the site?

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

you need 6 more posts to pm.

If it's a larger lot they will have their own contracts.
    But here's a older copy of mine.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=36979

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  7. rnh719

rnh719 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Not sure if this will help any, but basically he wants to know the hourly price per piece of equipment, hourly price to shovel and salt sidewalks and the price of salt per ton. I've got the pricing figured out as we got help from the guy we plow for every year, but my hubby didn't think to ask him about an estimate form. He doesn't want to keep calling him, lol, this guy is a really nice guy but we don't want to be annoying!

I've found an example of a contract that listed out different things such as price for truck w/ plow, atv w. plow etc.. but I don't want to send him a contract. A friend of ours does landscaping also and said that when you send a proposal to a commercial account you should be sending like a big ol' packet. That seems like quite a bit for just an estimate. Wouldn't a big packet come when you were sending contracts and such after they accepted the estimate? I just don't want to look like an idiot and send over something amateur and not get the job b/c other companies have better estimates and look more professional. We've got the know how on snow removal so I'd hate to lose out over the estimate ya know?

8. elite1msmith

from chicago

yes most of mine , are at least 6 pages or more thick... keep posting stuff, and then ull be able to PM ppl on here for help

9. rnh719

rnh719 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Grandview- It is a very large lot, so I should anticipate that they will have their own contracts for us to sign if we get the job as opposed to us bringing them a contract? I didn't realize that was a possibility.

Thanks for the copy of you estimate, but it can't be edited though because it's in an Adobe Format unless there's a way around that and I'm not aware of it. :)

10. rnh719

rnh719 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Oh wow!! So our estimate should be more than a one pager?

11. elite1msmith

from chicago

yes 6 or more

12. rnh719

rnh719 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I'm not sure if I can post responses in my own thread in order to be able to pm ppl, Grandview says 6 more and I'm now down to three more. I'll just post three more random posts and see what happens lol

13. rnh719

rnh719 Junior Member
    from Ohio

14. rnh719

rnh719 Junior Member
    from Ohio

almost there, sorry guys I know it's annoying. Just trying to get to a point where I can PM :)

15. rnh719

rnh719 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Elite- I'm trying to get to a point to where I can PM you if you still wouldn't mind helping. :)

16. elite1msmith

from chicago

i dont know

17. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Most places are more then willing to send you a spec. sheet as to what they want done just call .

18. rnh719

rnh719 Junior Member
    from Ohio

He sent me an e-mail with all of the particulars, wish I would've known to ask for a spec sheet :( You guys are teaching me quite a few things here, thanks!

19. elite1msmith

from chicago

20. rnh719

rnh719 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Elite- I just sent you an e-mail. Thanks for your e-mail address